There are no openings at this time.
There are no openings at this time.
Mt. Zion Baptist Church, Griffin GA
Seeking a Senior Pastor
Candidates must be Holy Spirit filled and guided. The ideal candidate will possess theological training and/or have:
● Seven (7) years of significant related ministry experience which includes experience in church administration (i.e., Assistant Pastor, Executive Pastor, Associate Minister, Ministry Leader, etc.)
● Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to prepare and deliver biblically sound, stimulating, inspirational, and Spirit-filled sermons; should have a demonstrated aptness for Bible-based teaching; should possess strong interpersonal skills; and should be approachable and demonstrate inclusiveness for all demographics within the congregation.
● The successful candidate should have a vision for growing church membership that is both grounded in the Word of GOD and strong in relationship with Christ. He or she must have a vision, commitment, and a plan for increasing membership and spiritual development of youth and young adults. Candidates must be open to new ideas, proficient in the use of technology, and must have a proven record as a skilled administrator and manager of church staff and programs. The successful candidate will have a commitment to Christian education and a zeal for missions and evangelism.
The following are the primary duties to be performed by the Pastor:
● Serve as a spiritual leader for the congregation.
● Preach and teach the gospel by preparing and delivering relevant, Spirit-filled sermons; plan and conduct the worship services, provide alternate minister in place of absence.
● Serve as the chief officer of the church, administering business with the church officers, the policies and mandates duly approved by the congregation.
● Serve as moderator of church business meetings except when the meeting pertains to the tenure of the Pastor.
● Chair the committee which handles charges against an officer for failure to perform duties or for personal misconduct.
● Collaborate with the deacons, trustees, officers, and ministry leaders to administer church constitution and by-laws.
● Present to the church membership for vote, any recommendations affecting church policy changes after these have been weighed, considered, and approved by the pastor and executive board in accordance with church constitution and by-laws.
● Develop and implement a strategic plan for healthy church growth. (Spiritual, membership, financial, facility, etc.)
Interested and qualified persons must submit an initial Package consisting of the following information:
A letter of interest describing your call to the ministry.
A completed application. Click here: https://bit.ly/mzbcpastorsearch
A current resume that includes a summary of relevant ministerial and educational experiences
Copies of ministerial license and ordination certificate
Copies of degrees from an accredited institution of higher learning
Three (3) recommendation letters (2-clergy, and 1-layperson) with email addresses and phone numbers
A current color photo
Complete the Application and Submit to
All questions should be directed to
No phone calls.
Candidate Packages received after the deadline will not be considered.
Deadline: December 4th, 2023
No current openings
There are no openings at this time
Valley Queen Baptist Church 404 Humphrey Street Marks, MS 38646
Seeking Senior Pastor
Valley Queen Baptist Church continuously strives to achieve unity of service to the Lord as a church family. Seeking a Senior Pastor between the age of 40-50 years old, who is an ordained and licensed preacher, learner and teacher of God’s Word. The Senior Pastor will oversee the life and direction of the church along with and under the guidance of our church Constitution and By-laws and Board of Trustees and Deacons. This person will have the broad responsibility for the spiritual welfare, growth, and life of the church in all areas including discipleship, evangelism, and equipping the congregation for service.
Education: Required: At minimum, ordained, licensed, with some seminary. Preferred: Ordained, licensed, and degree in theology
Experience: Required: At minimum, ordained, 0-5 years experience if highly recommended Preferred: Ordained, licensed, with 5 or more years as pastor
Responsibilities: • The Senior Pastor is to preach during the Sunday Morning worship service. He should also lead the Wednesday Bible Study, though he may delegate the teaching portion of that study from time to time. The Senior Pastor is to lead the congregation in the Lord’s Supper or Communion and baptisms. The Senior Pastor is to be available and willing to perform weddings and funerals as needed. • The Senior Pastor will visit the sick and shut-in members and visit other members when a wellness check seems necessary. • The Senior Pastor will delegate and oversee the planning of outreach activities in the surrounding communities/neighborhoods • The Senior pastor will maintain contact with all supported church affiliations, especially Swan Lake Baptist Association and American Baptist Churches of the South. • The Senior Pastor is responsible for all administration of the church.
Interested Candidates Should Submit the Following:
• Completed application (serious applicants may request an application by sending an email to email@example.com)
• Resume` • 3 letters of recommendation (1 letter must be from current pastor, and 1 letter must be from a community member, the other letter can be from someone other than a family member) • A video or link to a video of your most recent sermon.
Please mail your completed application packet to: Valley Queen Baptist Church P.O. Box 57 Marks, MS 38646
Or Email completed applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No current openings